The Miami Business Attorneys Financial Services Litigation Group at Silverberg & Weiss has wide-ranging experience assisting national clients and local businesses in a variety of matters affecting the financial services industry. From handling individual claims to managing nationwide class actions, our national team of experienced litigators regularly advises and defends banks, mortgage lenders and brokers, credit card companies, debt collectors, payday lenders, consumer finance companies and other financial institutions in a variety of disputes in state and federal courts and in arbitration, as well as before governmental agencies.
Our Miami Business Attorneys collaborate closely with the firm’s interdisciplinary team of corporate and regulatory lawyers, including former in-house bank counsels, bankers and government attorneys, who have domestic and international experience advising all types of financial institutions on financing, corporate, transactional and regulatory matters.
Miami Business Attorneys – Consumer Finance
- The Florida Business Attorneys Legal Services Defends banks, mortgage lenders, auto finance companies, payday lenders and other consumer finance companies in litigation involving the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, contested foreclosures, predatory lending, consumer fraud, forced placed insurance, usury violations, loan origination, loan servicing and unfair deceptive trade practices claims
Credit and Collection Practices of Miami
- The Miami Business Attorney Law Practice is here to Defend and protect financial institutions, mortgage lenders, credit card companies and debt collection companies in individual and class action lawsuits in state and federal courts alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other state and federal consumer protection statutes
- Draw on our knowledge and experience to provide compliance advice on issues involving identity theft, inaccurate credit reporting, conducting reasonable investigation of disputes, firm offers of credit, adverse action notices, reporting of bankruptcy accounts, pulling credit reports for permissible purposes, harassment, unlawful threats, collection notice review and abusive collection practices
Privacy and Data Security of Miami
- The Miami Business Attorneys Provide strategic counseling regarding compliance with federal and state laws on privacy and data security, including the FTC Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, GLB Safeguards Rule, Fair Credit Reporting Act and state privacy and information security laws
- Share our experience to help clients understand and comply with the various laws that regulate the collection and sharing of personal data
- Counsel clients on planning, drafting and implementing privacy, security and data protection policies and “best practices,” as well as compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- Play a critical role for our clients in enforcement actions and litigation, ranging from defending consumer lawsuits to negotiating consent decrees with federal and state regulators
Florida Legal Services Banking Operations of Miami
- Miami Business Attorneys Litigate matters involving bank accounts, check fraud and electronic funds transfers
- Defend banks in matters involving bank accounts, check fraud, electronic funds transfers, bank receiverships, OTC and FDIC litigation and frauds against banks
- Advise clients on premises liability and ATM litigation in connection with applicable common law and statutory duties
Practical, Business-Focused Litigation Services of Miami
- Defend each case aggressively in support of our clients’ overall business objectives
- Provide cost-effective legal representation through the use of experienced, well-trained lawyers
- Work with clients to evaluate and manage litigation risks and make informed decisions, while incorporating both trial and settlement strategies
- Draw on the firm’s wide-ranging trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts and arbitration matters
Wide-Range Financial Litigation Services of Miami
- Automotive Finance Representation
- Banking Operations Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Consumer Fraud
- Debt Collection and Credit Reporting Practices
- Disclosure Violations
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Inter-Creditor Disputes
- Lender Liability
- Loan Origination and Servicing
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Privacy Issues
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Unfair Deceptive Trade Practices
- Uniform Commercial Code, Articles 3 & 4
- Unlawful Yield Spread Premium
Consumer Class Action Defense Attorneys of Miami
- Draw on our nationwide team of trial lawyers with experience in all aspects of consumer class action litigation, including class certification, conducting class and merits discovery, litigating the merits of class claims, negotiating class settlements and guiding them through the court approval and notice process
- Employ the latest case-management technology to efficiently manage state and national consumer class action litigation on behalf of clients in the financial services industry
Commercial litigation has been the bedrock at Silverberg & Weiss since the firm’s founding. Clients choose our firm because our practice is led by some of the best trial lawyers in the country, who carefully train our associates and junior partners in the skills needed for success in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Our Commercial Litigation Practice lawyers are strong with deep experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country. We have been trusted to resolve tough cases for some of the biggest and best companies in the nation and we offer unparalleled client service, as exemplified by our vision statement: We counsel each client as if it were our only client.
Who is Miami Business Attorneys?
Any litigation practice is only as good as its trial lawyers. The Silverberg & Weiss Commercial Litigation Group has some of the best in the Legal Services industry.. Our senior leaders train our young lawyers in the strategic and tactical aspects of trial practice. They encourage passion, energy and a work ethic that has sustained our reputation for excellence in commercial litigation.
We maintain our edge and our “trial ready” philosophy by hiring the best and brightest from leading law schools, and putting them under the careful tutelage of senior lawyers with decades of first-chair trial experience. The firm’s commercial litigation practice is ranked as one of the highest at state and national levels.
More Legal Services by the Florida Business Attorneys
Single-issue injunctions and TROs. Sophisticated business disputes and complex “mass” torts. Class actions and MDL. International arbitrations. You name it, we do it, every day.
We don’t “manage” litigation. We try cases. Sure, most cases don’t go to trial. But even if a case ends with a negotiated settlement, or goes to mediation or arbitration, the best results are almost always the result of the client and the lawyer working from the start under the assumption that the case will go to trial.
Such experience and attitude benefits you in many ways:
- Better results. Preparation counts – in and out of the courtroom. We are adept at responding to emergencies such as preliminary injunctions, and we are capable of taking over a case handled by another firm on the eve of trial.
- Sound business decisions. The decision to settle or go to verdict is a tough call – often one of the most difficult decisions a company can make. It’s about what’s best for the company and the motivations and desired outcomes of all parties involved. Through our experience with hundreds of high-stakes, “bet the company” cases, we can better explain options for resolution, conduct a thorough and objective risk analysis, and help clients reach the best decision for their business.
- Improved settlement negotiations. Our experience and success – as well as our determined advocacy of and preparation for our client’s case from start to finish – is well-known to opposing counsel. Our tactics help to resolve cases faster and at less cost than wasted motions and heated rhetoric.
- Efficiency. Staffing each case with the right people – those experienced in your particular issue – saves time and money. We also focus on pre-trial strategies that are most likely to resolve matters in your favor before trial, or reduce the issues we take to trial.
- Antitrust and Competition
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Class Actions
- Consumer Financial Services
- Consumer Fraud Litigation
- Corporate Risk Management, Stockholder Litigation and Special Committee Representation
- Electronic Records Management and Discovery
- ERISA and Employment Litigation
- Franchise, Distribution and Marketing Litigation
- Professional Responsibility Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Regulatory Litigation
- Securities and Financial Services Enforcement Group
- Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- White Collar and Corporate Investigations
Other Related Practice Areas:
Our Miami Commercial Litigation Attorneys work closely with their peers in other practice groups. Other litigation-related practices include:
- Corporate and Securities
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Health Effects Litigation (Product Liability)
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
For More information please contact the Miami Business Attorneys. Call Silverberg & Weiss today at (954) 384-0998 or use our simple contact form located on this site.